Coach / mentor details
Executive Coach & Director, Coaching for Success Ltd.
Customer organisations include: Marks & Spencer, Bank of New York, KPMG, Berkely Homes, Serono, Sanofi-Synthelabo, F R Waring (South Afirca), Miller Landscapes (USA), Optimum Learning Ltd. Clients within those organisations range from Chairman & C.E.O.s through board directors to key operational staff in Europe, South Africa, and the US.
Please visit our web site at www.coachingforsuccess for up-to-date client testimonials.
I have a fundamental belief about my clients which frames how we work together i.e. they already have everything they need to achieve success. My role as coach is to stimulate and challenge my clients to unlock their successful beliefs, skills and behaviour patterns.
Personal coaching is the ultimate personal development vehicle so, after investing in training, my clients find that real performance improvement comes from releasing those skills through personal coaching to build what Daniel Goleman has called Emotional Competencies such as:
- Self-Awareness (Knowing one's internal states, preferences, resources and intuitions)
- Self Regulation (Managing one's internal states, impulses and resources)
- Personal Motivation (Tendencies that guide or facilitate goal achievement)
- Empathy (Being aware of others' feeling, needs and concerns)
All programmes are designed to meet individual client's needs but usually consist of 5 two-hour meetings, scheduled over three months with interim weekly 30-minute telephone sessions and unlimited Email contact. Shadowing is also possible when appropriate to work in 'real time' with the client.
Commercial Development Director, SmithKline Beecham
Developed commercial strategies for building partnerships with key sectors of health care market, from government through to national and regional management levels of NHS
Director, Marketing Services, SmithKline Beecham
Responsible for delivering all aspects of campaign development, professional communications and sales training. Formulated market strategy and business plan for entry of newly acquired 'disease management' subsidiary into UK. Introduced and developed concept of Key Account Management, including recruitment and team building, account selection criteria and customer relationship strategies.
National Sales Manager, Abbott Laboratories
Successfully launched new products to achieve market leadership. Reduced field force turnover to one third of industry average. Recruited, trained and developed 4 Regional Managers into national sales management and managing director positions.
Psychotherapist focusing on stress management, phobias, negative habit patterns etc.
Professional qualifications and associations:
- Psychology Honours degree
- Diploma (distinction) Ericksonian Hypnotherapy, Cognitive Therapy and NLP
- International NLP Trainers Association Master Practitioner
- Member British Psychological Society, Occupational & Sports Psychology Divisions
- International Coach Federation
- British Institute of Hypnotherapy
- Institute of Professional Sales Fellow
- Institute Sales & Marketing Management Fellow
- Institute of Directors